You may remember the look and feel of my sewing studio – its last update was in December of 2013. The room has been lovely, and it’s been such a joy using it to hold sewing classes for children and adults over the last few years.
However, my sister and I decided the room needed a fresh, updated look to go with my fun new summer classes. The two of us put our heads together and decided to take on one of my biggest projects yet – giving my sewing studio a brand new look!
Fresh Face, Same Place: My “New” Sewing Studio!
Here’s a picture of what my studio looked like before:
This project has been a few years in the making, but it’s been worth the wait!
Slowly but surely, my sister and I (with the help of her wonderful foreign exchange student) were able to turn the room into a masterpiece. Here’s some of the new additions:
- We took my collection of wooden spools and made a heart design out of them using a wire frame.
- My sister and I found some great vinyl stickers that would work perfectly for the main wall.
- We used some old flags I had kept from my 5th anniversary, and sewed them into a banner.
- My sister and I took my collection of antique dress patterns, as well as some old picture frames I had in storage. We painted the frames black, and placed the patterns inside.
- I hand-stitched some new sewing machine covers for my machines. This was a project I had forgotten about from a year ago, but decided to finish it for my new studio.
Here’s a few pictures of the studio coming together:
Here’s a picture of the finished project! Many thanks to all the help I’ve had in getting this project completed. I love it!
Remember, my summer classes are now underway. Be sure to sign up now to see the new studio and to save yourself a seat!
Stay tuned for more details on my latest project: new, hand-stitched sewing machine covers.
Love the pictures and the entire studio!
Thank you I do too.
Thank you it was so fun putting together
I love it!! Great job!!